Beech Class (Year 2 and 3)
Welcome to Beech Class
Beech Class is a Year 2 and 3 class. Mrs Chapman is the class teacher and shares the asseistance of our KS1 teaching assistant Miss Gray. During afternoons when Mrs Chapman is out of the class, the class is taught by our HLTA Mrs Cessford and Miss Gray.
The children are taught in single year groups for Phonics, English and Maths Monday - Thursday mornings and PE & PSHE on a Wednesday afternoon. This is organised:
Miss Darlow - Year 1
Mrs Chapman - Year 2
Miss Conroy - Year 3
WELCOME TO BEECH CLASS
We continue to run things a little different this year to ensure all the children are kept safe due to COVID.
Our weekly routine is as follows:
- WEDNESDAY ids PE day. Year 2s come in their PE kits, where as Year 3s bring their swimming things to change at Morpeth.
- THURSDAY they all come in their PE kits for PE with Mrs Cessford
- THURSDAY Reading books are taken in and changed and reading logged for the reading ladder.
- FRIDAY Spelling test completed and new spellings issued
- FRIDAY They bring their wellies into school for our forest school session with Miss Gray and their new reading books come home.
Year 3 'Play in a day.'
Year 3 have thoroughly enjoyed a play in a day where they re-enacted the story 'The Stone Age Boy.' This is the story that Year 3 children have been learning in Literacy which will support their learning further.
Friday 24th September - European Languages Day
What a great day we have had celebrating everything Norwegian. We started by learning facts about the country and recording on our fact finders, we then learnt some words and phrases using the finger puppets to talk t each other. After break it was all things Vikings creating posters about why they came to England. Then in the afternoon we worked with an artist to do printing of 'the scream' as well as ranking and recreating Norwegian landmarks in the forest.